Friday 1 April 2016

March Favourites 2016


Happy April, everyone! 

I hope you all had a great easter.  I've eaten way too much chocolate, but I'm slowly getting back on track.  I'm trying so hard to cut down on calories & carbs as I have two holidays coming up this year and I NEED a good bikini bod! I started the squat challenge last week, too.  I'm literally only on my sixth day and my legs are truly giving up! I SHALL PERSIST!

Anyway, I have a few March faves to share with you :)


BEAUTY & SKINCARE


Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan Mousse - £7.99 from Superdrug

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about the Cocoa Brown tan range, so I thought I'd just give it a go as it's relatively cheap.  The main thing that I love about it is the smell.  It genuinely smells fresh when you apply it and although you'll get that 'wet biscuit' smell with any fake tan, this one isn't too bad.  The guide colour is pretty good, and the colour is definitely an olive-brown (to be fair, all fake tans just turn me into a Simpson... but I can't help it, my skin is naturally yellow lol).

It fades really well too, without going patchy.  The only thing I'm disappointed with is the colour payoff.  The bottle says you can leave it on for an hour, but I just prefer to let all false tanners to develop overnight.  When I wake up, I look like I've been on holiday for about 3 months.  The colour is a really gorgeous, dark brown.  As soon as you get in the shower though, 75% of it is gone.  I'm still left a little tanned but nowhere near the colour I'm aiming for! I just think applying two coats is long-winded, I don't know about you guys.  Otherwise, I've been loving this lately!


Summer come soon, please!!! I need my natural tan back!


Palmers Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks - £3.29 from Boots

I've been trying to lose weight over the past month, and I have lost quite a few inches around my hips. I'm quite lucky that this is the only place I get stretch marks, but whenever I lose or gain weight they often split and become seriously itchy (gross, I know).

This cocoa butter lotion for my stretch marks has been amazing! I definitely recommend this to girls who suffer with stretch marks quite badly.  It really soothes the itching and moisturises the skin really well. Oh, and it smells INCREDIBLE.  I've actually been using it over my whole body!  Love love love!


Loreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation - £9.99 from Boots

As a lot of you guys know, I'm a big-time Estee Lauder Double Wear enthusiast.  I pretty much swear by that foundation.  The only thing is, it's pretty thick and pretty expensive to wear everyday if I'm not going anywhere spesh.

I was on the lookout for an affordable, everyday, medium to full coverage foundation that's lighter in texture.  I spent about 2 hours in Boots covering my hands in swatches. I gathered from this experience that drugstore foundations tend to be pink or neutral based, which is so annoying considering I'm borderline daffodil yellow.  

However, I eventually came across the Loreal True Match (which I've heard a lot of people rave about), and I found a yellow shade *rejoices*.  I bought it in the shade W3, which is perfect for when my fake tan is wearing off a bit.  It's so light, and so blendable! I've never tried a foundation that blends so well with a brush and a beauty blender. It definitely needs setting with powder, but it's not overly oily or anything.  It's pretty long-lasting as well!
I'm wearing it in my new 'Get Ready With Me' everyday makeup video.  Go check that out! You can even give it a thumbs up and subscribe if you wish ;)




Avon Sleep Serenity Pillow Mist - £2.25 from Avon

I've been having some difficulty sleeping lately, and this has been my saviour! I used it years ago, and my mum bought some more recently for my brother, and then I stole it!

This stuff is so cheap, but smells amazing.  It has a really strong lavender and chamomile scent, but it's sooooooo relaxing and makes my room feel really fresh.  It's not too strong either.  Sometimes I use a perfume or body spray on my pillows before I go to sleep, but then I end up laying there choking which isn't cute!  I'm definitely going to repurchase this while it's on sale!


MUSIC

 Come and See Me - PARTYNEXTDOOR feat. Drake

Two of my favourite artists on one track... I'm clearly going to love this.  I've been waiting for ages for Party to release some new music, and when I saw this I was so excited.  I feel like it's a little bit slower than his normal stuff, but I love the vibe. Oh, and Drake kills his verse as usual!


*patiently awaits for P3 and Views From The Six to be released*



It's almost a year ago that I met Party after his amazing show in Camden :(


Hannah x



No comments:

Post a Comment