Thursday 17 March 2016

My Top Products for Oily/Acne-Prone Skin


I have been dealing with oily and acne-prone skin for as long as I can remember now.  It's taken me years to find the products that are most effective for my skin, keeping oil at bay and my spots to a minimum.  I think I'm coming towards the end of my severe acne stage, but I'm still horrendously oily (you could totally use my forehead to fry an egg when I wake up in the morning.... no joke).

For all you oily people, the main thing to remember is that you will always look younger than you are.  We won't be getting wrinkles for a LOOOONG time!  Just keep that in mind when you're moaning to yourself about your skin.

These are my absolute favourite products and are staples in my skincare routine:




Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator  - Link

I love Liz Earle's products, especially the cleanse & polish, but this was a slightly newer discovery.  Like all of her products, they contain natural ingredients that are gentle but effective.  I love this scrub - it smells AMAZING, but more importantly, it buffs away dead skin so easily and actually does unclog my pores.  My skin is quite sensitive as well, so this is perfect! I use it in the mornings.



Loreal Skin Perfection Micellar Water - Link

I finally get the Micellar hype.  This stuff practically has nothing in it (well it feels just like water anyway), and I love it.  It removes my makeup if I need it to, as well as cleansing and toning.  It pretty much does everything, with absolutely no smell.  I love using it to freshen up when I'm feeling  a little oily and it makes me feel much cleaner! It doesn't aggravate my acne or anything like that.



Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Shine Control Moisturiser - Link

This has been my fave day cream for ages now.  It's super affordable and does the job! It's a gel-like consistency, so it's much lighter and is absorbed into the skin quickly.  It also really helps to keep me matte throughout the day, whether I wear makeup or not.  This whole range is actually excellent - I also have the night treatment gel, the peel off face mask and the pore strips!  I totally recommend this for you guys who have acne in particular.



Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - Link

I think I've told every person I know about this foundation.  You don't even have to be excessively oily to use it.  It just doesn't budge, the coverage is brilliant, and the shade range is amazing.  It doesn't even crease in my laugh lines after a good 10 hours of wear.  I did a blog post on it about a year ago, which you can read here for a more in-depth review!



Smashbox Photo Set Finishing Powder

This is THE BEST powder.  It's so fine and lightweight, but it's the best one for controlling oil I've ever used. I genuinely don't need to top up with powder for about 6 hours at least.  However, I just tried to find it online to share a link, and I think it's been discontinued.  If this is true, I won't actually be able to cope.  I will have to find it somewhere! It's just too good :(

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment