Tuesday 12 April 2016

NYX Lip Lingeries - Kylie Lip Kit Dupes?

So... I'm a little late on the matte liquid lipstick bandwagon.  I've wanted some for over a year now, particularly lusting over the Anastasia Beverly Hills ones when they were first released.  However, I never really knew what to order as I couldn't decide on a particular shade, and I didn't want to spend tons of money shipping them over and so on.


To be honest, I don't even know where to begin when discussing Kylie Jenner's little (or absolutely huge) cosmetics line that she's got going on.  As expected, the first three matte shades Candy K, Dolce K and True Brown K were ridiculously hyped up on all social media platforms.  I'm a huge Kardashian/Jenner stan anyway, and I was so excited to try them! Dolce K looked like the perfect cool nude for me, but I, of course, like the other 50 million people attempting to make a purchase, underestimated the power of KJ. Cheers, Kylie!!!

I've had a few attempts now at buying Dolce K, and  I eventually just gave up.  It really wasn't worth my time and effort, and once I found out how much it would cost to ship it to the UK and pay a customs charge, I was completely put off the idea.  After some intense browsing, I came across the NYX Lip Lingerie matte lipsticks, which to be honest I hadn't heard about until then.  I was only really aware of the soft matte lip creams, which do look really nice - I just wasn't too keen on some of the colours.


Before I go into anything, how similar does the packaging look to Kylie's?! It's so cute!

The Lip Lingerie line looked amazing, as they have such a wide range of nudes suitable for the palest and deepest skin tones, some warmer and some with that grey undertone that's really on trend right now.  As I really loved Kylie's colours, I thought I would try a couple that looked similar.  I chose 'Bedtime Flirt' which is a slightly pink/grey-toned nude, and 'Teddy' which is a dark brown with a slightly purple/grey undertone, too.



The top shade is Teddy, swatched when it was just applied.  They're not really watery (like Kylie's ones are described to be).  They're a little bit thick but still quite smooth.  However, they're not very pigmented so they can be a little patchy, but two thin coats seems to even it out. 

The bottom swatch is Bedtime Flirt, when dry.  These lipsticks are a little sticky for a few minutes before they go completely matte, but they DO NOT budge.  I literally had to scrub my hand to get that off.  So, the longevity is definitely a plus point.  To be honest, they are quite drying on the lips, but I haven't tried any others so I'm not sure how they compare.  It's nothing unbearable though.  I add a bit of lipbalm over the top when it starts to feel too dry for my liking, and it still doesn't budge!


The wand isn't amazing at carving out the lip shape, but for the price, I'm really not complaining.



I am obsessed with Bedtime Flirt!  It looks pretty similar to Candy K and Dolce K, and it's the perfect matte nude I've been looking for - super wearable with pretty much any makeup look.  I can also overline my lips really easily with this, and it doesn't look too much.



This is how Teddy looks on the lips.  From comparing pictures, it does look pretty similar to True Brown K, which is what I was going for.  I totally love it!  I tend to stay away from dark lip colours because they can get all messy, but the consistency of these means it will stay in place.  I cannot wait to wear this on a night out!!

Overall, I'm so pleased with these! I genuinely want to invest in every single shade, and seeing as they're only £6.50, I'm probably going to end up with the entire collection.  NYX have done a great job!

Check out the NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks here.

Hannah x



No comments:

Post a Comment