Monday 1 February 2016

January Favourites 2016


I've decided that this year I'm going to do a favourites post every month. I love reading these, so it will be lovely to share my fave bits and bobs with you all from skincare, makeup and fragrance to my favourite movies/tv shows and songs of the month!


I'd love to hear about what you all have been loving this January, too :)




Fragrance 


Balenciaga Paris EDP 75ml - £79 from House of Fraser

 I was literally jumping for joy when I received the Balenciaga Paris EDP for Christmas! It's absolutely amazing. There really isn't much more to say. I've been eyeing it up for years but could never justify it as it's so damn expensive. The scent lasts all day long with only a few sprays, in fact it smells better the longer you wear it! I think it almost adapts to your individual smell, as it seems to smell slightly different on my mum. It's just so elegant and can definitely be worn day or night. I'm always complimented when I wear it!

It's possibly one of the best perfumes I've ever smelled in my LIFE. I really need to add Balenciaga Florabotanica to my collection next - that one is incredible too!


Skincare



Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter Gel Oil - £5.39 from Boots

I have oily skin but during winter my legs are ridiculously dry. After shaving they become so itchy I can barely sleep until I've practically made them bleed! My friend recommended this to me when we were out shopping & it's helped my legs so much after shaving to stop the itch and keep them moisturised. I never thought about using oil before, but this one isn't overly greasy & has a delicious cocoa butter smell. I'm so obsessed with this.


L'Occitane Essential Face Water - £18 from L'Occitane

I got this toner in a cute L'Occitane gift box for my birthday in November, along with some other lovely samples. I've only really started using it, but I'm in love! After cleansing, I spritz this onto my face before moisturising, or if I want a quick freshen up.. It has a lovely clean, floral scent which wakes me up and leaves my skin feeling so revitalised! I'm totally considering buying the full size!


Makeup


Laura Geller Liquid Lipstick in Cherry Almond - £17 from House of Fraser 

and
Mac Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare - £12.50 from Mac

This has been my go-to lip combo for January. I've been looking for the perfect nude, and these two compliment each other perfectly. The Laura Geller liquid lipstick doesn't dry matte like most liquids out there at the moment, but I hate that dry feeling so this is perfect. Paired with Boldly Bare, it creates a lovely dirty pink/brown nude lip which I love for everyday looks, and also when I have a dark smokey eye going on!


Movies/TV


How To Get Away With Murder
 
I was looking for a new show to watch on Netflix, and my friend suggested 'How To Get Away With Murder'. Oh my god.

This show is amazing. Viola Davis plays the part of Annalise Keating, a criminal defence lawyer/law professor, who takes on five of her best students to follow and get involved in her cases. As the plot thickens, the students (accidentally) commit their own murder, and it's Annalise's job to fix it. I have a pretty good knowledge of law anyway, so I found it super interesting. The last episode ends on the craziest cliffhanger... I cannot wait for the second season to see what goes down!

Music

 January was a bit weak regarding new music releases, but there are two songs I've been loving this month!

DJ Mustard & Travis Scott - Whole Lotta Lovin

This song has been on repeat all month. Travis Scott is really making a name for himself, and it's actually nice to hear him on something a little different. This hip-hop/trap/dance vibe is taking over the clubs and I'm loving it. DJ Mustard did a really good job on this track, although I do feel this would be an amazing summer song!




Katy B & KAYTRANADA - Honey

Oh lord.... this song.
I discovered KAYTRANADA a few years back on Soundcloud via Soulection (a.k.a my life).  His work is so full of soul and feel-good vibes. This song reminds me of GIRL by The Internet, which he also features on. I'm not a massive fan of Katy B, but after hearing this I'm actually looking forward to her forthcoming album. I'm gonna be playing this for a good while!

No comments:

Post a Comment