Wednesday 10 February 2016

Valentine's Day Makeup | Smoky Rose Gold Eye


It's Valentine's Day this week, so I thought I'd go with the theme and put together a little valentine inspired makeup look (not that I'm doing anything on Valentine's day lol... single forevs).

This look is super glowy, with lots of warm, pink tones - perfect for a date night! I hope you guys like it. I'll try my best to link everything that I used :)


FACE


Primer: Loreal Infallible Mattifying Primer - £7.99 from Superdrug 

 Foundation: Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation - £12.99 from Boots 
I bought this ages ago, tried it once, thought I'd try it again.... kinda wish I hadn't, but oh well! It contains glitter (wtf) and is pretty cakey, but it does photograph well.

Cream Contour: Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse Foundation in Cocoa - £7.69 from Boots

Powder Contour: Benefit's Hoola Bronzer - £23.50 from Boots

Bronze/Blush/Highlight: The Manizer Sisters Palette by The Balm - £18.00 from ASOS



EYES

 Primer: Urban Decay Original Primer Potion - £16.00 from Debenhams

Brows: Loreal Brow Artiste Pencil - £4.99 from Boots

Liner: Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner - £5.29 from Boots
I wanted the focus to be mainly on the vibrant eyeshadow, but I created a very thin line just to make my lash line look a little thicker.

Mascara: Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme Volume - £6.99 from Boots


Eyeshadows: Morphe 35N Matte Palette - £15.95 from Beauty Bay 

I first applied the rosy pink shade to my whole lid, underneath my eye and also above the crease, which I darkened with the deeper rose/brown. I just used a very tiny amount of the orange shade to warm up the edges, which I then softened and blended out with a skin-toned beige.

I used the dark purple and black to add some depth and make it more smoky. It literally looks like a sunset - I love it!

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - £38.50 from Debenhams

 I used a wet brush and applied Chopper on top of the matte shadows in the centre of the eyelid to give me a lovely, shimmery rose gold. I used Booty Call to highlight the inner corners too.


I used my Mary Lou Manizer to highlight my brow bone, and also a white kohl pencil in my bottom water line to open up my eyes a bit!

To make this look pop even more, you could totally apply some false lashes. That would look amazing. However, I wanted to keep this look flirty and natural.

LIPS

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink - £6.49 from Boots

This is one of my favourite lipsticks at the moment. The formula is super rich and creamy, and this rose/mauve shade compliments the darker purple eyeshadow really well.

FRAGRANCE


Victoria's Secret Body Spray in Pure Seduction - £10.95 from Allbeauty 

All of the Victoria's Secret sprays are amazing. They're very long lasting, and you can basically wear them as a day to day perfume. This one smells lovely & floral, but it's perfect for  night-time wear, and would smell amazing for a Valentine's night out.
I hope you all enjoyed this look! 
Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment