Monday 22 February 2016

DIY Moodboard for Staying Motivated


All of us go through difficult times, and I know how difficult it can be to stay motivated and to focus on positives all the time.
I have been dealing with anxiety for quite a while now, and I recently decided to try and incorporate little quotes into my everyday thoughts to prevent me from feeling down, or at least help when I'm having a down day! I know it sounds a bit silly, but I think it's actually helped a lot. I thought I would have a go at a little DIY project to create a vibrant, tumblr-esque moodboard full of images that I like, and most importantly, words and quotes that I can keep in mind.


I found a spare pinboard lying around which wasn't being put to good use, so I just painted the wooden frame with a metallic champagne colour, and covered the cork with a simple, white sheet.  I love using tumblr to find cute photos, so I thought I would browse my own page to find some pictures that really reflect my personality, or anything that I find pleasing to look at. This is great for me because I'm a very visual person (i.e. I have a photographic memory and I'm passionate about colours, layout and aesthetics etc. A simple photo can change my mood). 

I found some fabulous pictures of things that I love - shoes, nails, sunsets, baby leopards and Drake... hahaha.

I also browsed through instagram for motivational quotes, and chose the ones that felt relevant to my life at the moment. 'Believe you can and you're halfway there' is one that really stood out to me. I know what it's like to not believe in yourself and feel like you're a failure. 

I decided to print them all out and arrange them on my pinboard, and I was so happy with the final result. It truly is a reflection of myself, with a collection of inspiring words that I can look at as soon as I wake up in the morning. My goal is to choose one of these quotes to focus on at the beginning of every week. All I have to do is keep it in mind, and it definitely helps me to stay motivated as well as boosting my self confidence.

'I was born to be real, not to be perfect' is another one of my faves.

This is a really fun little arty project for anyone who needs a little pick-me-up every now and then. Plus, it looks super cute on a bedroom wall!

POSITIVE VIBES ONLY 

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. Love this- I could do with one of these in my home office, great idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete