Monday 29 February 2016

February Favourites 2016


I'm not sure what happened to February..... it's already March tomorrow! I do like winter, however I'm pretty excited to see blossom on the trees and I'm definitely looking forward to some warmer weather (I hope so, anyways).

I've been keeping my spending to a minimum this month, so I don't have TONS of new favourites to share with you guys, but I do have a few!

Fragrance


RiRi by Rihanna EDP 50ml - £27 from Boots 

I've been a fan of Rihanna's perfumes for ages, with Reb'l Fleur being one of my all-time favourites! Her fragrances are always very distinctive, long-lasting and affordable.  They really are great value for money.  RiRi is her latest addition, which I received for Christmas in a lovely gift set (I hadn't really worn it much throughout January seeing as I was so obsessed with my Balenciaga Paris!)  

I'm not one for describing scents too well, but it's quite different to her others.  RiRi is much sweeter, and very fruity. When I spray it, I envision sitting on a beautiful beach somewhere, sipping on a pina colada! It's very refreshing for everyday wear, but would smell divine in summer with its notes of passionfruit, rum, mandarin etc.  It's a major Caribbean concoction - typical Rihanna.  I love it!


Haircare

VO5 Plump It Up Weightless Mousse - £3 from Boots

I have a seriously hard time trying to get some volume into my hair.  It might not look like it in my pictures, but that's because I backcomb the hell out of it all the time hahaha.
My hair is really fine, but I have so much of it that it's just weighed down all the time!  I just picked this up on a whim, and I actually really like it.  The mousse itself is so soft, it's like actual whipped cream, and it does smell really good too.  I scrunch this into my hair when it's damp, focusing on the roots, and blow dry it after!  My hair does look a lot more bouncy and I feel like it lasts a bit longer before it starts to get greasy, which is a bonus. The VO5 styling range looks fairly decent - I definitely want to try some of the other products!


Makeup


Benefit They're Real Mascara - £17.55 from Boots 

Okay, so, this may be one of my favourite mascaras ever.  I don't even need to spend time describing how amazing it is - it just is!  It does a fantastic job of separating and lengthening the lashes, whilst maintaining a natural look.  If you're going for a long, wispy effect, this will be perfect for you! It's a little difficult to wash off, but nothing I can't cope with. I was lucky enough to receive this in one of those Benefit gift sets for my birthday, and even though I don't usually splurge on mascara, I will definitely repurchase this.  It's the best! (I'm wearing it in this selfie lol)
Shoes


Karen Heeled Lace Up Sandals - £29.99 from Public Desire 

These are my new favourite casual heels! I had a similar pair from Topshop that I got a year ago, and I've worn them to death. These are almost identical to a pair they're selling in River Island at the moment, but half the price! They're so ridiculously comfortable and perfect for not so dressy nights out. They look lovely with my ASOS ankle grazer jeans, and I'm loving how they look paired with a leather pencil skirt. These are going to be a definite spring/summer staple in my wardrobe. I'm tempted to get my hands on the light grey ones, too! 



TV


 February 2016 - the month that I officially became obsessed with Pretty Little Liars.  I've had Netflix for a year now and for some reason I steered clear (maybe because the thought of binge-watching 6 series was a little bit daunting).  I'm currently on series 3, and it's driving me crazy, in the best way possible.  I'm so emotionally invested that I've started dreaming about it almost every night!  It always leaves me on the edge of my seat, and even though there are so many little storylines going on at once, it's pretty easy to follow.  I now see why so many people rave about it, and I'm trying my best to not accidentally find out who 'A' is.  I'm sure I'll catch up soon enough!


Music
 


Majid Jordan debuted their self-titled album this month, and my friends, it has been on repeat ever since.  I've been a fan of the duo since they released their first EP, A Place Like This, under Drake's OVO label in 2014.  You could call me biased, but Drake and I clearly have a very similar taste in music!

Their electro-soul sound is quite different to other artists out there at the moment, and even though a lot of it is 80's inspired, it's very distinctive.  Majid's vocals are amazing, and I hope to hear them live when the two bring their tour to the UK.  These guys are seriously one to watch and if you're looking for an easy listening album, this is great!

My fave tracks are:

Learn From Each Other
Something About You
Day and Night
Make It Work
Every Step Every Way 

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment