Thursday 21 January 2016

The 10 Beauty Products I Couldn't Live Without


I think every girl has certain products that they couldn't live without, whether it be makeup, skincare, tools & so on. I do like to experiment and try new products, particularly with makeup, but once I've found something I love, I'm gonna stick with it! I thought I would share with you my top 10 essentials - items I always find myself repurchasing, or those that would cause me major panic if I somehow lost them!

1.  Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original) - £16 from Urban Decay

This is my holy grail eye primer. It's super smooth and creamy, and a little goes a long way! I've had mine for months and I don't think I've even used half of it. It does a fantastic job of intensifying the colour of your eyeshadow, making everything blend seamlessly, and preventing the colour from creasing and melting off throughout the day. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality eye base.


2.  The Body Shop InstaBlur Primer - £14 from The Body Shop

I suffer with oily skin and have tried quite a few mattifying primers now.  This one surpasses them all. It's slightly thicker but similar to Benefit's Porefessional primer.  It stops me from being shiny, keeps my makeup in place ALL day long, and most importantly it blurs large pores and any other imperfections so my foundation looks flawless. I love this so much!


3.  Real Techniques Sculpting Brush - £7 from Real Techniques

This is by far the best brush I have used to apply powder contour. It fits perfectly in the hollows of my cheeks and blends the colour really well. The bristles are quite densely packed compared to other contouring brushes, but this means it absorbs less of your product! I feel like my contour would look a mess without this, haha.


4.  Dove Summer Glow Gradual Tan Lotion - £5 (on sale for £2.50) at Tesco

I've tried quite a few gradual tanners and I always go back to Dove. It smells really nice and peachy, and it doesn't leave me patchy even when it's built up over a few days. I love the colour it gives me after only one or two applications (I use the one for medium to dark skin even though I'm pretty pale). It's perfect for the days when I want a bit of colour but can't deal with a full fake tan sesh. I love how it's so low maintenance! 


5. Batiste Dry Shampoo - £2.99 from Boots

Batiste Dry Shampoo has been a favourite of mine for years. I find it more effective than other brands I've tried, mainly because it soaks up grease so effortlessly. A lot of people complain about the white residue but honestly, if you rub it in properly you'll be fine. I'm totally obsessed with the XXL volume spray at the moment too, but this 'bloom' fragrance is one of my favourites - it smells sooo fresh.


6.  Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray - £21 from Debenhams

This is perfection in a bottle. I spritz this once I've finished my makeup, and I've really noticed a difference in the longevity - it truly does stop my makeup sliding off! It also has a really light fragrance which makes you feel very refreshed, particularly in the summertime. Although it's oil controlling, it looks ever so slightly dewy, and makes my foundation, contour and highlight look so seamless and glowing. It ties my whole face together and I seriously couldn't be without this!

7.  Travel Perfume Atomizer - £13.99 from The Essential Atomizer Co.

This is your handbag's best friend. Carrying a huge bottle of perfume around in your bag is just unpractical. I can easily pump some of my fave perfume into this little atomizer, so it's perfect for nights out. There are so many pretty patterns to choose from too. I seriously panic if I leave the house without one of these!


8.  Beauty Blender Pro Sponge - £16 from Beauty Bay

I really don't need to say much about this. Since using Beauty Blenders, I will never use brushes again for applying foundation, concealer and powder. When used damp, they leave such an airbrushed finish to the skin. I also find I can apply my makeup much more quickly. The only downside is that they do absorb quite a lot of the makeup, but I'm really not that bothered. IT'S THE BEST!!!


9.  Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Buff - £10.95 from Guru Makeup Emporium

Everybody knows about the Banana powder, and everyone raves about it. I ordered Buff as I thought it would be more suitable for my skin tone. It actually doesn't change the colour of my makeup at all when it's applied, but it's RIDICULOUSLY soft, and amazing for baking my under eyes. It sets my whole face perfectly and I just love the silky finish. This is now a staple in my makeup routine!


10.  Morphe Colour Correction Wheel - approx £7 from Beauty Joint

After receiving this a few months ago, I can't live without it now! I mainly use the green shade for cancelling out redness from blemishes, and the pink/red shades for when I have dark circles under my eyes. It's honestly a holy grail and I will continue to use this every. single. day.... until it runs out of course, but then I'll snap up another one right away!

I'd love to hear about some of the products you guys couldn't live without!

Hannah x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment