Monday 21 December 2015

Winter Skincare Essentials


Don't get me wrong, I love winter. I'm a November baby so everything about this time of year excites me! However, I always seem to suffer from very dry skin during these colder months, and it's just one of those things that I can't deal with very well (possibly because I'm very oily during the rest of the year). When the temperature drops and those bitterly winds pick up, my skin is truly exposed to the elements! Having rough, cracked skin is something I'm not used to. It bothers me - big time!

I've decided to share with you some of my favourite skin products to keep your hands feeling supple and your lips crack-free this winter!

1.  Burt's Bees Lip Balms in Beeswax, Honey - £3.69 at Boots

Last year I got a few of these, and I loved the consistency. Burt's Bees kindly sent me the honey flavoured one to try last month, and this is my favourite so far. It smells divine! They contain vitamin E so they're really moisturising, and they're made from 100% natural ingredients which is why I love this brand.


2.  EOS Lip Balm in Pomegranate & Raspberry - £6.50 at Boots

These are slightly more expensive lip balms, but they last for ages and the formula is so creamy. I also love the cute, minimalistic packaging. I want to try them in every single flavour (Honeysuckle Honeydew is next on my list). I used to only be able to find these in Urban Outfitters, but they are now available in Boots and a few other stores. They would make super cute stocking fillers!


3.  Baylis & Harding Midnight Fig & Pomegranate Foot Lotion - Limited Edition

 I got this in a cute little set for my birthday, and seeing as I suffer with dry feet in winter, this is amazing! It's quite thick but soaks in quickly, and the smell is incredible! Unfortunately I can't find this online anymore, but you can check out the whole Baylis & Harding range here. They sell lots of lovely products and Christmas gift sets!


4.  Soap & Glory Hand Food 50ml - £2.50 at Boots

I'm a huge fan of Soap & Glory, and the Hand Food cream is a favourite of mine that I always go back to. Boots sell it in various sizes, and this little one is perfect to keep in your handbag during the colder months! It has the signature Soap & Glory scent which I adore, and it's so thick. My hands feel baby soft after using it, and unlike some other hand creams, it doesn't irritate broken skin. It's just perfect! 


5. Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser - £20.25 at John Lewis

My mum and I are a huge fan of Liz Earle's range (the Cleanse and Polish in particular), and I recently discovered this moisturiser for normal/combination skin. As mentioned, I suffer with oily skin so I tend to stick with a gel-based moisturiser, but during the winter I suffer with dry patches particularly on my cheeks. I borrowed this from my Mum, and totally fell in love with it. It healed my dry areas without leaving me feeling greasy. This is totally going to be a staple of mine now!


6.  L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee Body Milk 50ml - £5.00 at L'Occitane

I got this in a cute little gift set for my birthday, and I'm obsessed. Apart from the fact that it leaves my arms and legs feeling silky smooth, it smells like nothing I've smelled before! I've worked out that L'Occitane sell a perfume in this fragrance and I NEED IT IN MY LIFE. The lotion almost smells as strong as a perfume itself, but it doesn't irritate my skin like some perfumed lotions. I may cry when this runs out.... I love it so much!

Hannah x


No comments:

Post a Comment