Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Year - My Goals for 2016


Happy New Year everyone!

The last year has been a bit of a weird one for me. I've been battling with a lot of insecurities and anxiety problems, which I think is so common among young people nowadays. There is so much pressure to look and act a certain way, so much that we constantly worry about how many followers and Instagram likes we have. It's definitely time for me to make some changes and work on my confidence - positive vibes only, people! 

These are my personal goals for 2016:


To be happy
 This year, I really want to focus on being a happier person. Most people who know me see me as a happy person in general (but everyone can put on a front - and I'm not one to show emotion). I'm going to make sure that I surround myself with people who genuinely care for and support me. I've learned during the past year that it helps A LOT to talk about things, and I will continue to do this. I want to find things that inspire me, even if it's just a meaningful quote. Staying optimistic is something I need to work on. 




To be healthy
 During 2015 I did try quite hard to lose some weight and get fit, but probably not hard enough. I bought an exercise bike that I need to use way more, and although I tried eating more healthily and tried a few diets such as the 5/2 and Herbalife, nothing really worked. I always lose motivation.

I know that losing weight is the most common new year's resolution, which makes sense seeing as everyone feels sluggish and unhealthy after all the booze and Christmas choccies! I've come to the understanding that I will never be skinny - my body just isn't built that way. I just need to focus on being healthy as opposed to losing a few stone or becoming a size 8! Over the last week I've noticed considerable changes in my skin (not good ones), so a cleanse is definitely necessary. I may start the 5/2 fasting again! I'm also going to make an effort to find more healthy vegetarian recipes!


To not let people stand in my way
 As mentioned, I've been suffering from a lot of anxiety, which through therapy, I've established the cause of! I've been so hung up about my appearance for years, which has stemmed from being bullied as a child. I'm gradually learning that I can't please everyone, and that I need to stop constantly worrying that people are judging everything I do or say. 

I need to do me, and me only. Worrying what people think of you will hold you back.


To work out what I want from life
 2015 was the year that I lost my vision. I've spent the last 10 months or so questioning what my purpose is (and whether I even have one), and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm making the active decision to spend time thoroughly researching different career paths, and I think after having a little time out from working, I'm beginning to realise that life isn't just about having a lot of money, flaunting it and being Instagram famous. I'm learning that time is precious and I need to value every minute I'm alive. This year I want to cherish the little things in life that make me happy, and take steps to working out what my purpose is (thanks to J Biebs for the inspo!)

Here's to a 2016 full of confidence, determination and positivity!

Hannah x 




No comments:

Post a Comment