Tuesday 2 August 2016

June/July Favourites 2016


Happy August everyone! My blog has been slightly neglected over the past two months, mainly because I lost all motivation, but also because I started a new freelance job in May and I've been prioritising that over my blogging. However, I feel like I've got the whole self-employed routine down and I'm back into the swing of things.

I have no idea where the last two months have gone. I didn't even get round to writing up a June faves post as I was too busy sunning myself in Tenerife, and then I came down with the most awful throat infection! So far though I'm having a pretty fun summer, and I'm going to Dubai at the end of the month which I'm super excited for!

If you're interested to find out what I've been loving lately, keep on reading!


Garnier BB Cream for Combo to Oily Skin - £5.99 from Boots

This has been my holy grail this summer! Obviously the weather hasn't been fantastic, but this has been my go-to on warmer days when I don't want to wear a heavy and thick foundation. I have one in the shade light, and one in the medium shade, and I usually mix them depending on how tanned I am. They're slightly too pink for my skin tone, but it's not really noticeable.

The consistency is very thin and watery, which means it's super lightweight. I wore this everyday on holiday, and surprisingly, the coverage is amazing considering it's a BB cream.  It does a fantastic job of evening out my skin tone and blurring my pores. This is also perfect if you have oily skin, as it dries to a natural matte finish. When set with a bit of powder, I don't have any issues with oil seeping through for a good few hours. 

The only downside is that it's only available in two shades, and you do get a strong whiff of alcohol when you first apply it. That does go away though! Other than that, I've been totally loving it!


Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP 50ml - £68.00 from Boots

I have been wanting this perfume for ages! When I came back from Tenerife, I had some leftover euros and thought I may as well spend them on a new perfume instead of exchanging them back to wonderfully invaluable pounds (cheers Brexit)....

I already own Chanel No. 5 which is my only Chanel perfume. It's probably one of my all-time favourite perfumes ever as it's just so classic. I don't like wasting it though. I haven't even used half of it and I got it almost 4 years ago! I was debating whether to buy Coco Noir, but that is also quite a heavy, evening scent like my No. 5. I decided to go for Coco Mademoiselle, and I'm so glad I did! It's perfect for everyday, very floral and fresh (I'm terrible at describing these things). I find that a lot of lighter scents don't last for very long, but the longevity of this is fabulous.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate how pretty the bottle is though?! It looks so gorge on my dresser.



Toni and Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray - £7.81 from Boots

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't even buy this. My auntie works at Boots and sometimes gives me freebies when they have things up for clearance and all that. I didn't know how much use I would get out of it, but lately I've been going back to having wavy hair again. This is so, so good! I like to wave my hair slightly with my straighteners, and I've been spritzing a bit of this once I've finished and it gives me a really natural, tousled look.

I want my waves to look a bit messy and textured, and this does the job perfectly whilst giving it a bit of extra hold as well. It does taste pretty salty though if you accidentally end up with it in your mouth LOL. But it's just like being at the beach for the day right?!



PS Lip Liners in Nude, Brown and Dark Pink - from Primark

Okay, I'm not a lip liner enthusiast. I don't actually own that many. I have a couple of different Rimmel ones (which I really enjoy btw) as well as a few other drugstore ones. I also have one MAC lip liner, which I also love, mainly for the creamy texture.

Let me tell you, these lip liners are impressive. Even better, they're £1. ONE POUND. I wanted to try them out purely because they're so damn cheap, and I thought I'd try them to go with some of my NYX Lip Lingerie liquid mattes. They work really well with those, but I've also ended up wearing these on their own on many occasions.

The nude is basically my perfect nude, slightly pink and dark enough that it shows up on the lips. It's the consistency that I was most impressed with. They are so soft and glide so well on the lips. I have spoken to a few people about this, but they are honestly comparable to the MAC ones (well, the one that I have anyway). You honestly cannot go wrong with these. So, if you're on the lookout for a new lip liner, hit up your local Primarni!!!



Kylie Lipglosses in Literally and Like - $15 from Kylie Cosmetics

I succumbed to the hype guys. I told myself I wasn't gonna do it, but I did. Most people obsess over Kylie's matte lip kits, but at this point, I feel like I'm over the whole matte trend. I just hate having dry lips. Whether people say liquid lipsticks are drying or not, I don't care. To me they are CRUSTY AF and I just can't cope. So, I thought I would go for a couple of her glosses. When the first 3 were released, I loved the look of Like and Literally, so I decided to go for those two.

The whole shipping to the UK thing is a bit of a farce, but it had to be done. Unfortunately, I was one of the unlucky ones who was faced with a £12 customs charge, on top of the £23 price for the two glosses, and another £10 shipping... but there's nothing I could do about it.

Once you take all of this into consideration, you realise Kylie's gone and ripped you off big time! Enough of the negatives though. These are lovely glosses. I've never owned lipglosses this pigmented, (and I own a good few). Like is my favourite, as I can wear it on its own and it's a very rich brown nude. They're also crazy glossy and pigmented, you get amazing light reflection! I've been wearing these on their own and on top of lip liners or other lipsticks, and I've really been enjoying them. Consistency wise, they're perfect as well. Not sticky, not too wet!

Overall, I love these, but I'm not sure if I'll shop from Kylie again seeing as it's just so expensive!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment