Sunday 5 June 2016

May Favourites 2016

So, it's June. Summer is finally here! The last few days have been pretty cold, nothing like Summer should be, but today the weather is gorgeous! It's amazing how a bit of sunshine can change your entire mood.

May was such a good month, and I'm even more excited for June. I'm here to share a few things I've been loving throughout the month of May. I'd love to hear about your faves too :)



Coconut Body Mist & Mango Body Mist - £7.50 each from The Body Shop

I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks, and I really wanted to take some summer-scented body sprays, just for everyday use. I love the Victoria's Secret body mists, but they're all running out, and I can't seem to justify spending that much money on a body spray.

Someone recommended I try the Body Shop mists. Their range of body butters, shower gels etc. all look amazing. I bought a passionfruit butter about a year ago, which I'm obsessed with! They don't seem to be doing it this year though :(

 I had a promo email offering me discounts, so I ordered these two. I probably only paid about £4.50 for them each instead of £7.50, which is fab!

They smell RIDICULOUS! I can't even deal... I've been trying so desperately not to use them so I can take them away with me, but it's so hard not to. The scents are so fresh and they actually last for ages on the skin! The only downside is that the bottles are glass, which isn't very travel practical. I'm sure I can make do! The satsuma one is next on my list. I smelled it yesterday and it's unreal!



Loreal Infallible Fixing Mist - £7.99 from Boots

Usually, I stick to my Urban Decay fixing spray to set my makeup in place for the day. It does a good job, but I wanted to try something different, preferably drugstore, purely to see if I could find something just as good for a more affordable price!
I found this in Boots for only £8, so I thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't disappointed! I've been using this constantly for the past few weeks. At the end of the day, a fixing mist is a fixing mist. It works or it doesn't. This works perfectly fine, and smells really nice as well. 

One thing to note is that it needs to be shaken really well before use. I didn't realise this the first time I used it, and ended up with little white splatters all over my face and hair. They wouldn't even come off, so my makeup was ruined! White residue forms at the bottom of the bottle if you don't shake it, so I guess that's what caused it. Other than that, it's fab. I can't fault it!



Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara - £7.99 from Boots

I'm fully aware that this has been around for a while now, and has been raved about all over the internet. I'm just a bit of an idiot, and never thought to even try it. All this time I've been wasting!
Since I tried Benefit's They're Real mascara, that has been my favourite. This little gem, however, has knocked that right off the top spot. THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST MASCARA I HAVE EVER USED. 


I'm wearing it in this pic, and I think my lashes look fabulous, if I do say so myself!

At first, I found the wand a bit intimidating, because it has so many different sections to it, I was so confused by where to start. Practice just makes perfect, though. I use the side with the really tiny bristles to coat the roots of my lashes, and to then separate them. The longer sides are perfect for giving me crazy length and volume. I just love the wispy effect it gives my lashes, they look amazing! 

If, like me, you're a little bit late, definitely try this one out. You will not regret it!



 MAC Pro Longwear Foundation - £25.50 from MAC

A lot of people know that Estee Lauder double wear foundation has been my number one for a while now. I love it, and wear it on a daily basis. It does everything that I need it to do. However, the only issue I have is flashback in photos. It's just not ideal to wear on a night out when all the photos are being taken using flash! 

If I'm going out, I usually fake tan, so I wear a much darker foundation to match. The double wear just makes it look like I have a huge, white, floating head. It's not okay.  So, I did some research and read that MAC foundations don't cause flashback, even though they do contain some SPF. I still wanted the long-wearing, mattifying qualities similar to the Estee Lauder, so I decided to try MAC pro longwear.


I got the shade NC40 to match me when I'm tanned, and it's perfect. I was actually amazed the first time I used it at how similar it was in finish to the double wear.  The coverage is sheer to medium when blended, but it's easily buildable to a full coverage.  (I use about 5 pumps over my whole face. Excessive probably, but I don't care).

It doesn't crease in my laugh lines or anything like that, which is always what I look for. I had tried the Makeup Forever Ultra HD, as that has no SPF, but it was way too oily for my skin! I wore the pro longwear to a party as I knew there were going to be pictures taken with flash, and it was fine! I was so relieved lol!

I have no idea why this is the case because this has an SPF 10, the same as the double wear. Regardless, this is now up there with my top foundations. I was worried it would break me out, as I used to use studio fix fluid years ago, which gave me horrendous cyst-like spots. I think this is fine though, as it's nowhere near as thick.

I'm a happy, happy girl!

Hannah x





No comments:

Post a Comment