Friday 27 November 2015

Birthday Beauty | Morphe & The Balm


I am now officially 21!!!!

It was my birthday on the 15th, and I had such a lovely party that weekend. I also got sooooooo many amazing cards and gifts which I'm really grateful for.  My friends and family clearly know me too well as I got quite a few skincare and makeup-related gifts, so I'm here to share some of them with you.




Firstly, how beautiful is that buddha I got from my parents?! It looks so fabulous on my window sill. 

I haven't tried any products by Morphe Brushes before, but I've seen a lot of bloggers/vloggers mention how amazing they are. The eyeshadow palettes are so pretty, and seem very good value for money. My friend kindly bought me the 35n palette (available here), which I've had my eye on for a few months. I initially had this on my christmas list along with a few other palettes, so this one had to be crossed straight off!

The shadows are all completely matte, which are perfect for everyday looks. I'm also very drawn to warm colours at the moment, possibly because of the season - so this definitely works for me. The palette contains almost every matte shade of brown you could ever need. My go-to look lately is a warm mixture of orange, brown and plum - a combo that I can create solely from this palette. The colours are so pigmented and they don't budge. I am in LOVE.



My friend also got me the Morphe concealer colour wheel. I've seen all those videos on instagram where people conceal dark eye circles with red lipstick or a red-toned concealer, never really believing that it would make a significant difference. Well...let me tell you, I was wrong.

This wheel is amazing, and very affordable. I use the pink or red toned concealer under my eyes after applying primer, but before I move on to foundation. I guess it's true - the red colour simply eradicates the dark blue circles you get when you're sleep deprived. The green concealer does the opposite, cancelling out redness. I dab this onto inflamed spots or areas that tend to be slightly red, such as around the nose. This has now become a staple in my makeup collection and I HAVE to use it everyday without fault. The wheel is available here.


 Now, onto the brushes! 

A family friend kindly sent me this 12 piece Morphe brush set (available here).

I'd been on the lookout for a set that consists of mainly eyeshadow brushes, so I could start blending like a pro. Like the other Morphe products, these are affordable but such good quality. The fluffy eyeshadow brushes are just what I've been looking for! The set as a whole is ideal for travelling as it comes in a stylish little case, and there is a brush for everything you really need - liner, concealer, blush... you name it. 

Needless to say, I'm very impressed with all of the Morphe bits I received, and will definitely be purchasing more very soon. 


Although I'm clearly having a Morphe moment, I did also receive a lovely little palette by The Balm Cosmetics. I already own the Mary-Lou Manizer which I'm still obsessing over, but this luminizer collection contains smaller versions of the Mary-Lou, Cindy-Lou and Betty-Lou Manizers!

(I almost screamed when I opened it, I can't lie).


Obviously they can be used separately, but when one highlighter is not enough, these can be combined for the ultimate highlighted complexion! The Betty-Lou Manizer is a warm bronzer that I apply over my matte cheek contour for an extra shimmer! I then apply the Cindy-Lou, which is such a pretty pale pink blush. The Mary-Lou is finally applied to the top of the cheekbones and brow bone. Together, these look amazing and are ideal for a night out when you want to look super glowy!

I can't wait to wear these out and see how they show up with flash photography!

 
Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate my birthday and for totally spoiling me! I had a fabulous time!

Hannah x







No comments:

Post a Comment