Thursday 5 May 2016

April Favourites 2016


It's that time where I come to write my next favourites post, realising that we are once again into a new month.  It's 19 degrees in London today, which is a rarity seeing as it snowed last week.  Nonetheless, I'm excited! I've been patiently waiting for the long, summer nights that are just around the corner.  I also have two holidays to look forward to this year! 

 (Also, Drake's new album was just released like 5 days ago. I'm trying my best to function like a normal human being, but so far, it's not going too well.....)

So, here are my April faves.  I'd love to hear yours too :)


Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - £38.50 from Debenhams


This was the first Urban Decay palette I bought, about 18 months ago.  It was my go-to product for AGES, and then I bought the Naked Smoky Palette which I was obsessed with.  It's only over the past month or so I've found myself reaching for this again, while realising how much I love this palette!
Out of all the Naked palettes that exist, this is definitely my favourite.  It has the perfect colour selection - cool and warm, shimmers and mattes.  You can clearly see the three shades I've used the most! However, these are the shades I would combine for an everyday brown eye look.  Lately, I've been a bit more adventurous, and I'm totally obsessing over some of the shimmery shades in this palette, as seen below.  They are ridiculously pigmented as well!
 


I used this palette for my latest look on my youtube channel.  Do go and check that out if you haven't already!



Nyx Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks - £6.50 from Boots



I bought two of these from boots.com, and I'm totally obsessed!  I did a blog post on them explaining in a lot more detail, but this particular shade 'Bedtime Flirt' has been my absolute favourite beauty product throughout the last month. I wore it on nights out and long days, and it didn't budge at all. This shade in particular is literally my perfect nude.  They are seriously good value for money, and I'm sure I'll eventually own every single shade.

If you want to read more about these, check out my post here.


Nivea Men's Post Shave Balm - £2.63 on sale from Superdrug

 
 I did a detailed post on this too recently, but I had to include it in my April Favourites!!!  I've been using this every day I wear makeup, as a primer, and I totally love it!  I use it first alone, and then just use a tiny bit of my pore-filling primer where I have super large pores.  They actually work together really well, and for the price, this stuff is so worth buying! My makeup all blends so seamlessly when this is applied.

It does a good job at reducing excess oil production throughout the day, and it definitely stops  my foundation creasing and sliding off!

Check out my post on this here.


Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat (duo pack) - £29 from QVC

 
Basically, my nails suck.  Maybe I don't get enough calcium, or protein, or vitamin D... I don't know.  All I know is, my nails suck, and this Pink Gel Coat by Perfect Formula has been my saviour lately!

My mum initially ordered a 5 bottle set from QVC, which comes with 2 pink gel coats & three coloured polishes too.  You can apply the gel coat first as a base, followed by a colour, or you can just wear it on its own.  After having false nails on and shellac (which I always pick off because I'm a fool), this has really strengthened my nails.  It's perfect for when I want to take a break from shellac especially. It gets rid of all the peeling, only after a few days of wear.  The pink tint also counteracts any yellowing of the nails & makes them look super bright & tidy.

I also really love the fact that you can apply it quickly, without worrying about making a mess.  It also dries in 10 seconds or so, which is amazing!  Perfect Formula products aren't that cheap, but you don't need to use a lot.  I will definitely be repurchasing this!


Adidas Originals Superstar Rize Trainers - £60


When I first spotted these online, I knew they had to be mine.  I originally saw the black and white pair which I was going to buy, but then came across this all-white canvas pair on ASOS.  They were the last pair, in a size 5.  It's like it was meant to be!

I'm obsessed with anything that has a thick sole, and I just prefer the way these look to the normal superstars that everyone has.  I do like those, but I thought it would be good to get something a bit different as well.  They are sooooo comfortable (once you wear them in), and they go with practically any casual outfit.  I haven't been able to find anywhere else online that's stocking them in this colour, but the black and white ones are available here.

I can't wait to continue rocking these throughout the summer!



Jhene Aiko & Big Sean's TWENTY88 Album



Jhene Aiko is genuinely one of the only female artists I listen to.  I've loved her music since her first mixtape was released about 5 years ago.  Her voice is just so angelic, and in general her music has a super chilled soulful vibe to it, which I love!

Honestly, I'm not really a Big Sean fan, but their voices sound so good together on this collaborative album, TWENTY88.  I love how the tracks are put together from a male and female perspective, which is great on Talk Show - it just works so well!  It's only 8 tracks, but it's an album that's really easy to listen to. I've been working out to it every morning lol!

I'd definitely give it a listen if you're into Jhene or Big Sean, or you generally enjoy good r&b and rap.  My favourite tracks are Deja Vu, Two Minute Warning and On The Way.

This mini movie/music video contains track previews so this is worth a watch if you want an insight to the album!

4 comments:

  1. Ah I love Bedtime Flirt, I've just lost mine and I'm gutted! I've just bought myself the Naked 2 palette and I'm so excited for it to be delivered! Nothing beats the shave balm though, it's amazing xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nivea shave balm is amazing and so cheap too!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeous picks! I love your Adidas Superstars, so pretty! My nails have been peeling like crazy recently so the Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat sounds like something I could get on very well with x

    Beauty with charm | Benefit Cheekathon Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the black and white Adidas Superstar trainers and love them, I also managed to get them in the Junior sizes and save myself £30! Im in love with that little pot in your photo's, it is so pretty!

    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete